Donald Kenney (email@example.com)
Last Update: Thu Sep 1 10:41:41 2016
Links to other sites:
Paleontology, Geology, Fossil Sites
Fossil Site Information
- Fossils in America: their nature, origin, identification and classification ... By Jay Ellis Ransom -- Google Books --
- Texas, Connecticut, New jersey: Bruce Cornet; Virtual Tours, etc West Texas, New Jersey Cretaceous, Connecticut Valley Triassic http://www.sunstar-solutions.com/geology.htm
- California, Nevada: Inyo: Virtual visits to many classic California-Nevada fossil localities. http://inyo.coffeecup.com/site/dv/dvfossils.htm
Louisiana: Virtual field trips. Another site that seems to have disappeared and is not available in the Internet archive.
- Mississippi: Links to documents and sites re Lower Mississipi river valley -- Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri
www.iceagerocks.com/explore.html (Couldn't resolve URL Sep 2010 Not available in Internet archive) Unfortunately, this interesting site seems to have vanished. I believe that it may have been created by Alan Parks of Memphis, TN, but have not been able to determine if the material from the site is present elsewhere on the Internet.
- Missouri: With particular attention to the St Louis area. http://www.lakeneosho.org/
- New Jersey: Information on two sites -- Big Brook and Shark River http://www.njfossils.net There are links to a number of other New Jersey web sites at the bottom of the Big Brook page
- New York: Information on many Ordovician-Silurian-Devonian locations in New York http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~kwilson/home.htm
- Ohio (SE Indiana, Northern Kentucky) Many resources for fossils in the Cincinnati Area http://www.drydredgers.org/
- Texas http://fossilsoftexas.webs.com/
- List of public parks that explicitly permit/encourage fossil collecting
State Geological Maps
Copyright 2006-2012 Donald Kenney (Donald.Kenney@GMail.com). Unless otherwise stated, permission is hereby granted to use any materials on these pages under the Creative Commons License V2.5.
This page will have been validated as Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional prior to posting on the web site. W3C Logo Image omitted.